Dollar General has updated their coupon policy as of 6/23/11. The key changes are highlighted in red.
Our coupon requirements are as follows:
Dollar General accepts Manufacturer’s and Dollar General issued coupons (Including internet coupons) that meet these requirements:
- Coupons must be original (no photocopies)
- Coupons must have a scan-able barcode or valid promotion code
- Coupons must have a printed expiration date
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.)
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free
- Maximum of two coupons per item. One coupon must be a Manufacturer’s Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons.
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that:
- Are from other retailers
- Are expired
- Are internet coupons without a scan-able barcode and/or promotion code
- Contain the combination of an invalid barcode that won’t scan and promotion code that the register will not accept
- Are for “free” items, unless a purchase is required (i.e. Buy one get one free is acceptable)
- Do not have a “remit to:” address on the coupon