Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reader Trips - My Publix Trip - 80% savings

Today we spent an extra hour after Swim lessons playing in the pool. It is so awesome to see and KNOW that my 15 month old can swim after only 3 weeks! The extra tim ein the pool was supposed to wear him out.. and it did. He fell asleep on the way home and was in his crib for 20 minutes before he woke up VERY HUNGRY! I nursed him and he fell back to sleep, I printed off a few last coupons and darted out the door telling the hubby to feed him cheese and veggies when he woke up. I felt totally rushed, but actually found peace in the grocery store. BUT with a cart of 10 boxes Ritz crackers, 10 packs of toilet paper and an overflowing cart, I had a shot of anxiety before getting to the checkout lane! 6 transactions later I left knowing the hubby would be proud.
I don't have the patience for the break down tonight, but here are my totals:
Store Coupons - 88.00
Vendor Coupons - 78.66
Special Savings - 70.98
Total Savings - 237.89
Total Out Of Pocket - 67.52
One of my transactions had overage of 23.65 (that was already calculated into the OOP, but not the Total Savings which would be 261.54

No comments:

Post a Comment